During WOW Open AIR the public could experience a full evening of the offerings of fifty talented artists. Musicians played in the nooks and crannies of the building; art and design were shown everywhere; plus videos by the most promising filmmakers were screened in one of the studio’s.
Open AIR stands for a collective outburst of all the creativity WOW has in store: musical, visual, digital, culinary. AIR means Artist In Residence: they were open to those who’d like to get to know them better.
See for the pictures our Facebook album.
Seven artists transform seven walls in the stairwell
Painting, graphic design and drawings by Geray Mena, Florian Mecklenburg, Andrea Karch, Karim Adduchi, Cian-Yu Bai (nom. Kon. Prijs voor Vrije Schilderkunst), Sanne Glasbergen, Tjitske Oosterholt, Xavier Robles de Medina (nom. Prix de Rome), Irini Pigaditi, Laura A Dima.
Musical talent in string of striking performances
By: Altrego, PHRAME, FALT, Rodèlle, WASSINC and Bernard van Rossum/Andreas Kühne.
Straight from the runway
Lisa Konno’s Afriek by Lisa Konno installation.
- Unveiling of brand new light objects by designers Agnieszka Dziewit and Bob Vos
- Video art by Julia Sokolnicka, Yung Myung Lee, Ruben Baart, Gomes O Kayode
- GLOW Superfoods elevates food and drink to pure art
- Vera Duivenvoorden presents her local project KIJK!
- PlantageLab offers soup, focaccia and warmth in the garden
- The One Minutes show ever-stimulating short films
- Launch of WOW KEET: Sandberg Institute students reveal mobile expo spot for WOW AIRs
- WOWBAR by Carolin Giessner quenches thirst with wodka and water
- Malou van der Molen shows the part of her m2 project inspired by PlantageLab’s urban farm
- And there is loads more… Come see for yourself
About 24H WEST
24H Amsterdam is an opportunity to experience the city in new ways. Its West edition takes place on 12 & 13 March 2016, showcasing the best of the west of Amsterdam – some say it’s the best side. From noon on Saturday, 12 March to noon on Sunday, 13 March, the district is overflowing with fun and often unusual events. Theatres, museums, clubs, shops and places of interest open their doors to the public. 24H West is an adventure for all your senses and will make you experience your own city in new ways.
Discover two alternative versions of the poster here (design Paul Stümpel, photography Vera Duivenvoorden):