WOW introduces the following new artists in residence. We’re proud to have amongst us:
Sophie Hardeman (Fashion, Rietveld Academie), Clément Carat (Sandberg Instituut), Junadry Leocaria (danser, selected for the international art talent program 3Package Deal), Nicolas Chuard (DesignLAB, Rietveld Academie), Josse Pyl (Werkplaats Typografie), Iris Kloppenburg (AMFI, ArtEZ), Carole Cicciu (Dirty Art Department, Sandberg Instituut), Hendrik Willen Elsinga (Pop department, Conservatorium Amsterdam) and Kaveh Vares (composer, master film music composition and classical music Conservatorium Amsterdam).
Recent news from the artists in residence and work on show
- Nicolas Chuard: his work ‘More is more & more’ is on show in the exhibition ‘Selected’ a group show of graduates from Rietveld Academie at Looiersgracht 60, on show until 2 October 2016
- Sophie Hardeman showed her new fashion collection during New York Fashion Week. Vice I-D went backstage.
- Jungmyung Lee (graphic designer) designed the new website of Vleeshal, Center for Contemporary Art in Middelburg.
- Winde Rienstra was selected for the top ten of most promising shoe designers in the Netherlands. Read the article at Fashionweek Amsterdam
- Iranian composer Kaveh Vares (together with the Dutch composer René Thie) has written the music for the performance ‘Stemmen uit het Oosten / Voices from the east’ by NBE, on tour in the Netherlands until 11 October.
- Bram Wassink will released his new EP with Wassinc in Splendor at Friday 11 November, check it out here.
Photo: Shoe design by Winde Rienstra. Photo credits: Team Peter Stigter.